Services are on Sunday morning at 9:00, followed by Sunday School at 10:00.
IUKA UNITED METHODIST CHURCH was established in 1878. The first Sunday School met in the office of the Iuka House Hotel. A church building was erected in 1882, at a cost of $2,000, and was considered a large building for the time. Horse-drawn wagons were loaded here with buffalo bones, and then the bones were sold to pay for the lumber in Hutchinson.
In 1887 the Missouri Pacific railroad completed its line as far as Iuka. The town, including the church was moved to the railroad line, east of the highway. In 1908 tragedy struck when lighting the gasoline system of lights at the church; it caught fire in an explosion and the church was burned. A new building was erected in the same location, just east of the present Church.
The existing church building was built in two stages. The education building and basement (now the north part of the building) was built in 1962. The Sanctuary and west rooms were built in 1969. The parsonage was constructed in 1975.